VVECHS will enable students to graduate from high school with distinguished achievement, while earning an associate degree, through a rigorous curriculum and a system of support and intervention.
The Professional Learning Community of VVECHS envisions a school in which:
· All students produce college quality work
· There is a cooperative/collaborative relationship among all stakeholders
· Students are self-motivated, independent learners who seek out their own education
· Students will transition successfully to an institution of higher learning motivated to pursue a post-graduate education
1. We will provide positive and immediate feedback to our students.
2. We will utilize specific instructional strategies, interventions, and tools as adopted by VVECHS.
3. We will use alternative assessments as appropriate to gage student progress and success.
4. We will empower students to explore their interests and incorporate into their knowledge base.
5. We will provide opportunities to research higher learning institutions, scholarships, and careers.
6. We will provide parents with appropriate school information.
7. We will create opportunities for parents to become involved with their child's education.